lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nader Henein <...@bayt.net>
Subject Re: Index Replication / Clustering
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:14:51 GMT
I implemented a JMS based solution about a year ago because I thought it
would solve my atomicity problem and give me a centralized way of
indexing, you'll have to use the pluggable persistence (if you use
ActiveMQ) to be able to recover from a failure and you'll also need some
way of maintaining which records have and haven't been indexed in a
persistent store so you can run sanitization later on, assuming that
every time you add a document to one of you clustered indecies
everything goes well is a sure way of guaranteeing that you end up with
n indecies with no two alike especially if you have a high volume
indecies with high rates of change.

Nader Henein

--

Nader S. Henein