lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: How lucene and nucth work together?
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:16:17 GMT
Giovanni Dima wrote:
> Andrzej, I'm so sorry about still disturbing you!
>
> I followed your suggest and i have found this code:
>
> try { searcher = new IndexSearcher( IndexReader.open(indexName)
> //create an indexSearcher for our page ); } catch (Exception e) {
>

> IndexSearcher is a class of  Lucene API, isn't this?

Yes.

> I have used as "indexName" the index created by nutch. When I access
> the lucene web page of my application, the system not produce any

Lucene doesn't have any "web page" - Lucene is a library. This means
that you are using some kind of web application based on Lucene. The
exact details of how a query is run with the index (e.g. the default
field, analyzer, etc) depend on the application. You cannot just blindly
use a specific application (which assumes specific things about the
index) with any random index, and hope that it works...

Well, perhaps the only exception to that rule would be Luke
(http://www.getopt.org/luke), which you should try anyway to get a
better understanding of what's in the index.

> exception, but the result list is always empty  (for any search
> keyword used).
>
> What's wrong?

What is the query? What is the analyzer?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><