lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: How lucene and nucth work together?
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:37:35 GMT
Giovanni Dima wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We're trying to use nutch as web-spider and lucene as indexer and searcher.
> Nutch and Lucene work good separately, but we do not succeed to link lucene to the index
created by nutch.
> We've modified the file "configuring.jsp"  specifying in the "indexLocation" the index
file created by Nutch, but we obtain always 0 results in the result-list.

> We don't find documentation about nutch and lucene work together.

Nutch already uses Lucene, in fact it wouldn't be able to do without it.
Nutch creates so called "segments" (meaning is different from Lucene
segments), which can be indexed to produce Lucene indexes, which are
then used for searching.

I suggest to use Luke (http://www.getopt.org/luke) to investigate such
index first, before using it in a separate application. Nutch uses
non-standard analyzer, so that the terms in the index are sometimes
different (e.g. some words are combined into bi-grams).

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><