lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mike Barry <>
Subject Re: QueryParser, phrases and stopwords
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:26:34 GMT
Daniel Naber wrote:

>On Thursday 16 June 2005 04:17, Erik Hatcher wrote:
>>So we could change StopFilter to put the gaps back in safely now, I
>I personally don't have a problem with this, but shouldn't such a change be
>optional? Like a parameter for StopFilter or a StopGapFilter? I'm sure
>there are people who prefer the way it is done now.
> Daniel

To me the change is more consistent with with the documentation
for Phrase Query.  If you need it to be a bit looser, set the slop

If you need "lucene action" to match "Lucene In Action",
you should adjust your query  (using QueryParser syntax):

"lucene action"~2

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message