lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sean O'Connor <s...@oconeco.com>
Subject Re: Search Hit frequency and location
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:03:23 GMT
Thanks for the clarification. I had assumed that to be the case, but
assumptions have a tendency to come back and bite me in inappropriate
places. By pointing that out, you've probably saved me from beating my
head against the wall in the near future : -).

The big stumbling block I have at the moment is understanding whether
Terms can be used to find something like a phrase query, proximity
query, or boolean query. I think the answer is no, two different
concepts. But I also tend to think that the wheel has already been
invented to find how many times a phrase (i.e. "Lucene in Action")
appears in a document. Before I go digging through the source code, and
possibly creating some rather embarrassing hack(s), I thought I would
check to see if there is a 'right' way to go about this.

Alternatively, any suggestions on what to google, or where to look to
educate myself would be welcome as well.
Cheers,

Sean