lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Aksoy <ahme...@axtelsoft.com>
Subject Webstart problem with Lucene
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:21:12 GMT
Hi,
I prepared a dictionary application which uses Lucene.
I made my application to be downloaded with webstart.
Everything is OK, but I can't access Lucene index files.
When I made a search on the internet about the subject,
I found some clues saying that it is impossible to put Lucene
indexes into jar files; because of random access need.
Now I put all of my files into a zip file. Users download,
and unzip that file to a directory, and every thing is alright.
This is no problem for the normal java users. But I want
any one could run my application, even they have no java
on their computers.
Do you have any suggestions for that purpose?
Thanks in advance.
Ahmet Aksoy