lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <pque...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DBSight, search on database by Lucene
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2005 03:08:10 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Erik Hatcher wrote:
>

>> On Jun 11, 2005, at 1:08 PM, Chris Lu wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Somehow I found the "Powered By" Lucene page is "Immutable Page",
>>> even if I logged in.
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/PoweredBy
>>

>> Wow, it sure is.  I'm CC'ing infrastructure to find out why this page
>> is immutable.
>

> Ughhh... Looks like another caching problem.
>
> A shift- or ctrl-refresh should get you the right thing.  You know if
> you have the right page if your userid appears in the upper-right.
>
> It seems like technically moin needs to send Vary: cookie, but this would
> completely destroy our ability to cache.

Not if we applied the patch I sent to dev@httpd on Friday.  It fixes
mod_disk_cache's handling of Vary: to keep separate copies for each
combo, instead of only a single copy.

> What we want is for anything with a Cookie: header to totally bypass the
> cache.  I don't know of any way to configure that.

Moin should be sending Cache-Control: Private in these cases, in
addition to the Vary: Cookie header.  If they don't they will break with
other upstream proxies that we have no control over.  Fixing it so httpd
can cache fixes upstream proxies too, so it is the right thing to do.

-Paul