lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Stephan <fast.j...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Lucene search clusters
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 23:02:31 GMT
I am currently writing sth about text retrieval using EM clustering. The
approach represents documents as high-dimensional vectors, but still it
is not related to Lucene (yet?).
How would you add clustering to Lucene? I think it may be a very
interesting technique to improve search results. If it works. My current
experience shows that it scales rather bad for larger document collections.

I don't think I will take part in Googles SoC, as I have my own "summer
of code" right now. But I would surely like to take part in discussions
about that topic, or at least read it and throw 2cents at it now and then.

cheers
Daniel