lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Stephan <>
Subject Re: Lucene search clusters
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 23:02:31 GMT
I am currently writing sth about text retrieval using EM clustering. The
approach represents documents as high-dimensional vectors, but still it
is not related to Lucene (yet?).
How would you add clustering to Lucene? I think it may be a very
interesting technique to improve search results. If it works. My current
experience shows that it scales rather bad for larger document collections.

I don't think I will take part in Googles SoC, as I have my own "summer
of code" right now. But I would surely like to take part in discussions
about that topic, or at least read it and throw 2cents at it now and then.

Lorenzo schrieb:

>Some people just replied, but I forgot the most important thing...
>I'm thinking of this project as part of the Google's Summer of Code program,
>so I'm looking for other students.
>I've sent an email to Erik and he told me that we can propose this as part
>of Google's SoC if we find some other people interested in it.
>On 6/7/05, Lorenzo <> wrote:
>>I'm writing this message trying to find some people interested in creating
>>a 'general purpose' lucene search results' clustering extension.
>>I wrote a simply implementation of clustering, and I would like to
>>contribute to lucene development by releasing an open source clustering
>>implementation. I know that maybe each project need a different
>>implementation but that would be a useful basis for everyone to develop his
>>own project.
>>Is anyone interested in it?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: