lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nader Henein <...@bayt.net>
Subject Re: Lucene in clustered environment (Tomcat)
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 09:04:57 GMT
When you say your cluster is on a single machine, do you mean that you
have multiple webservers on the same machine all of which search a
single Lucene index? Because if that's the case, your solution is
simple, as long as you persist to a single DB and then designate one of
your servers (or even another server) to update/delete the index. Do you
use Lucene as your persistent store or do you have a DB back there? and
what is your current update/delete strategy because real time inserts
from the webservers directly to the index will not work because you
can't have multiple writers. Updating a dirty flag on rows that need to
be indexed/deleted, or using a table for this task and then batching
your updates would be ideal, and if you're using server specific
scheduling, I strongly recommend Quartz, it's rock solid and really
versatile.

My two cents.

Nader Henein