lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nader Henein <...@bayt.net>
Subject Re: Lucene in clustered environment (Tomcat)
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 07:27:37 GMT
IMHO, Issues that you need to consider

    * Atomicity of updates and deletes if you are using multiple indexes
      on multiple machines (the case if your cluster is over a wide network)
    * Scheduled indecies to core data comparison and sanitization
      (intensive)

This all depends on what the volume of change is on your index and
whether you'll be using a Memory resident index or an FS index.

This should start the ball rolling, we've been using Lucene successfully
on a distributed cluster for a while now, and as long as you're aware of
some basic NDS limitations/constraints you should be fine.

Hope this helps

Nader Henein

Ben wrote:

>Hi
>
>I would like to use Lucene in a clustered environment, what are the
>things that I should consider and do?
>
>I would like to use the same ordinary index storage for all the nodes
>in the the cluster, possible?
>
>Thanks,
>Ben

Nader S. Henein