lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nader Henein <>
Subject Re: Lucene in clustered environment (Tomcat)
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 06:52:56 GMT
IMHO, Issues that you need to consider

    * Atomicity of updates and deletes if you are using multiple indexes
      on multiple machines (the case if your cluster is over a wide network)
    * Scheduled indecies to core data comparison and sanitization

This all depends on what the volume of change is on your index and
whether you'll be using a Memory resident index or an FS index.

This should start the ball rolling, we've been using Lucene successfully
on a distributed cluster for a while now, and as long as you're aware of
some basic NDS limitations/constraints you should be fine.

Hope this helps

Nader Henein

Ben wrote:

>I would like to use Lucene in a clustered environment, what are the
>things that I should consider and do?
>I would like to use the same ordinary index storage for all the nodes
>in the the cluster, possible?
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

Nader S. Henein