lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steven Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: Indexing and Hit Highlighting OCR Data
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 19:26:49 GMT
There is a proposal to extend indexing (item #11 in the API Changes
section):

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/Lucene2Whiteboard

An excerpt:

    11. (Hard) Make indexing more flexible, so that one could
    e.g., not store positions or even frequencies, or alternately,
    to store extra information with each position, or to even use
    different posting compression algorithms.

I'm pretty sure that an implementation of this proposal would allow you
to store the positioning information with each position/token.

Doug Cutting posted recently about this (at the bottom of the message):

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-java-dev/200505.mbox/%3c4291FDB7.30500@apache.org%3e

Steve