lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ernesto De Santis <ernesto.desan...@colaborativa.net>
Subject Re: deleting on a keyword field
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 18:17:29 GMT
from javadoc:

public final int *delete*(Term <cid:part1.00050007.06010306@colaborativa.net> term)
                 throws IOException <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/api/java/io/IOException.html>

Deletes all documents containing |term|. This is useful if one uses a
document field to hold a unique ID string for the document. Then to
delete such a document, one merely constructs a term with the
appropriate field and the unique ID string as its text and passes it to
this method.* Returns the number of documents deleted.*

bye
Ernesto.

--
Ernesto De Santis - Colaborativa.net