lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: getting text-snippets
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:27:23 GMT

On Jun 23, 2005, at 6:41 AM, Ulrich Schinz wrote:
> hi there!
>
> first of all: im new here in the list, my name is uli. hello to all !
>
> im quite new in using lucene. i created different indices, some
> with GermanAnalyzer some with StandardAnalyzer...
> i added Fields to my Documents with doc.add(Field.Text
> ("contents",new FileReader(f)); and doc.add(Field.Keyword
> ("filename",g.getCanonicalPath());
>
> in the search i getresults with doc.get("filename"), where i get
> the right filenames, containing search-query.
> if i try to get doc.get("contents"); nothig is returned...

Field.Text(String, Reader) is not a stored field.  This is why doc.get
("contents") is empty.

> aim is: i wanna get the filename to generate link on top of an
> result. after i'd like to have an text-snipped, where the query-term
> in this document occured. just like google or some other search-
> engines... i have seen this in nutch as well... so it should be
> possible, but im not sure, how i can get these text-snippets...
>
> maybe someone can give me some hints, how to manage that.

You have some options... change to using a stored field by reading
the file contents into a String and using Field.Text(String, String)
instead.  Or, when rendering the results, go directly to the file
pointed to by doc.get("filename") and read its contents then.  There
are pros/cons to both of these approaches.

     Erik