lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Terence Lai <t...@trekspace.com>
Subject Question on lucene sandbox highlighter
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:28:13 GMT
Hi all,

I have a couple questions regarding to the Highlighter.

Question 1:
===========
I download the highlighter source files. When I compile the code, I got the following error:

----------------
org/apache/lucene/search/highlight/TokenSources.java [19:1] cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class TermVectorOffsetInfo
location: package index
import org.apache.lucene.index.TermVectorOffsetInfo;
----------------

Note that I have lucene 1.4.2 jar file in my class path. However, it does not have org.apache.lucene.index.TermVectorOffsetInfo.
Does anyone know whether I am missing some other jar files?

Question 2:
I use lucene to search HTML document. Before I create the the seach index, I used another
open source parser to remove all the HTML tag from the search field contents so that the HTML
tag will not be part of the searchable values.

Now, I would like to apply the highlighter to my original HTML document. Is there any way
for me to ignore the HTML tag while I perform the hightlight. For example, my search criteria
is "html". I don't what the highlighter to highlight "<HTML>" tag.

Thanks,
Terence