lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Anomaly in defining search phrase
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:28:36 GMT

On Jun 22, 2005, at 11:35 AM, tareque@controldocs.com wrote:
> Thanks! Using StopAnalyzer helped solving the problem. Is there any
> detail
> documentation of what each of this analyzers do?

Here are some pointers:

     - Lucene's javadocs give a brief description, such as <http://
lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/analysis/
StopAnalyzer.html>

     - The source code is the ultimate documentation: <http://
svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/lucene/java/trunk/src/java/org/apache/
lucene/analysis/StopAnalyzer.java?rev=168970&view=markup> - look at
the tokenStream method

     - Several Lucene articles: <http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-
lucene/Resources> with the most relevant being my java.net article
here: <http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2003/07/30/LuceneIntro.html>
where the AnalysisDemo code is provided.

     - And last but certainly not least, "Lucene in Action" :)  You
can search for details of analyzers at the lucenebook.com site, like
this: <http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=StopAnalyzer> The
Analysis chapter in LIA provides in-depth details of each of the
built-in analyzers.

Erik