lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From bib_lucene bib <>
Subject No.of Files in Directory
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 04:07:04 GMT
Hi All
In my webapp i have people uploading their documents. My server is windows/tomcat. I am thinking
there will be a limit on the no of files in a directory. Typically apllication users will
load 3-5 page word docs.
1. How does one design the system such that there will not be any problem as the users keep
uploading their files, even if a million files are reached.
2. Is there a sample application that does this.
3. Should I have lucene update index after each upload or should I do it like once a day.

Do You Yahoo!?