lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Naimdjon Takhirov <tna...@yahoo.com>
Subject Vedr. Re: Design question [too many fields?]
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:33:54 GMT
Hi Jian,

Thanks for your inputs. The (DB) datamodel is quite
complex with rooms and room units (I skipped it to
make the case easier to understand), so I guess the
easiest and actually best way to do it is with the
filter.

Mark: yes, there are a lot of text fields the user
should be able to search amoung other fields(like
facilities etc.).

The final question here: Should I use the QueryFilter
with query which contains roomId's and filter
documents by that those roomId's that are
available(for the selected dates)? Or create a filter
which extends the Filter class and returns Bits of
documents to be searched, in this case the filtering
should be done manually document by document. Not sure
which solution would show best performance? What do
you guys think?

Anyways, I am thankfull to Mark, Erik and Jian for
inputs.

Naimdjon