lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Naimdjon Takhirov <tna...@yahoo.com>
Subject Design question [too many fields?]
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:18:22 GMT
Hi,
We are porting our search functionality over to lucene
in our hotel solution which is java based. Today
search is done directly against the database.
There is a date search, i.e tourist would like to
search for free rooms fromDate and toDate.
The documents are added to the index pr hotel
room(product). Our customer wants availability info
for min. one year.
First I thought of having available date fields pr day
and value as true like this:
"29062006:true"
"02072006:true"
"30122006:true"
and when searching we would search for every day
availability of the rooms the user wrote in from/to
input fields.
That would create a minimum of 390 fields pr document.
It doesn't look so elegant solution to me.
Has anybody had similar issues? What would be best
approach to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Naimdjon