lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lokesh Bajaj <lokesh_ba...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: issues building a large index
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2005 22:23:35 GMT
Thanks for the idea. I have tried with both 512m and 1024m with the same results. I also turned
on verbose gc logging. Once I see this slowdown, the gc is running only once every 12 minutes
or so and finishes in less than 0.005 seconds.

Its basically stuck at 100% cpu usage, but doesn't seem to be doing anything useful.
Lokesh

Daniel Naber <lucenelist@danielnaber.de> wrote:
On Saturday 25 June 2005 02:10, Lokesh Bajaj wrote:

> 3] Does this seem like a JVM issue? Since its always pointing to a
> native method, I am not really sure what to look for or debug.

Does you JVM have enough heap (e.g. -Xmx500M)? Java gets slow if it's busy
with garbage collection.

Regards
Daniel

--