lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Pasha Bizhan" <lucene-l...@lucenedotnet.com>
Subject RE: Document ID
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:55:08 GMT
Hi,

> From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]

> For a domain-centric identifier, use a custom field to store
> (and index perhaps?) it.  Lucene's Document id's are internal
> and not controllable.

Unfortunately Lucene contains API that strongly attached to internal id :(

For example - most of the TermVector API or IndexReader.delete()
The simple question - I have a document and I add it into index with
TermVector support.
How can I simply retrive the TermVector information for the document?

	TermFreqVector vector = reader.getTermFreqVector(document)?
	reader.delete(document);
Etc..

It's not rise a claim. I don't know a good unified solution for this problem
:(

Pasha Bizhan