lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Paddy Kalathur" <pa...@efoundry.com>
Subject First time user Question
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:14:18 GMT
I want Lucene to search as well as sort data . What I am not sure is, how to
index my data so that I can sort and search.

For example :  I have a 3 rows in the database with name field value
"Geoffrey Rush" , "Will Smith", and "Eva Smith" .

I want to index these names so that :
1.If a user searches for "Smith" I get "Will Smith" and "Eva Smith" .
2.If a user searches for "Eva Smith" I get only "Eva Smith".
3.When I list all the names available in my Index I sort them in alphabetic
order.
4.The searches should be case insensitive.

How should I index the data so that I can achieve the above.

Paddy Kalathur
eFoundry Corp
http://www.efoundry.com
978-371-3325