lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Collins <chris_j_coll...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Optimizing indexes with mulitiple processors?
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 06:56:34 GMT
Kevin I would be curious to know more about your merging issues.  As I
mentioned I am concerned about merge time and in my case its against a filer
that of course have high latency.  The other issue is that I effectively index
things with a primary key.  I need to ensure an efficient way of preventing old
records from trampling on new records , this occurs due to potential out of
order set of writes to the index from multiple nodes in a processing farm.