lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Collins <chris_j_coll...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Optimizing indexes with mulitiple processors?
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 06:43:49 GMT
Yes, that would line up with being pretty much cpu bound.  So if you were to
have 2 xeon's with HT then you kinda have almost 4 resources (threads) of
execution you could take advantage of.

So from my current tests where I have a multiple threads producing work for an
index and one index writer (one thread doing addDocument), I am seeing that I
am cpu bound on the indexer. Since I am on a dual xeon with HT, I could if I
was using 4 indices improve my throughput by > 1x but < 4x.