lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Collins <chris_j_coll...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Optimizing indexes with mulitiple processors?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 23:03:11 GMT
You can segment your indexes into n physical parts (perhaps 4), then index
those n parts concurrently.  When you query you will use some kind of mulit
searcher to span the parts.  The one thing you may care about is that if you
are going todo a recrawl / update of documents against the existing index, then
you will need to have a reproducible way of hashing your documents over the
index (assuming you are deleting the previous document).

Hope that helps

Chris