lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <>
Subject Re: use of LinkedList in ConjunctionScorer hurting performance?
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 20:55:18 GMT
On Tuesday 07 June 2005 20:06, Kevin Burton wrote:
> This is a strange anomaly I wanted to point out:
> This is a jprofiler screenshot.  I can give you a jprofiler "snapshot"
> if you want but it requires the clientside app.
> I'm not sure why this should be hot... in a linked list this should be
> fast ... maybe we're calling it too often?
> I didn't have much time to look at it but I wanted to illuminate the issue.

It's straightforward to reimplement the linked list as a modulo indexed
array. That might be a somewhat faster, but until now I expected the
runtime to be dominated by the I/O.

In case you would like to profile an implementation with such an array
just let me know, so I can add it in a bug report. It's a never finished
version I have lying around here, and it would need a bit of tinkering
before posting.

Paul Elschot

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: