lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <>
Subject Re: Documents returned by Scorer
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 15:33:04 GMT
On Tuesday 07 June 2005 11:42, Matt Quail wrote:
> I've been playing around with a custom Query, and I've just realized
> that my Scorer is likely to return the same document more then once.
> Before I delve a bit further, can anyone tell me if this is this a
> Bad Thing?

Normally, yes. A query is expected to provide a single score for
each matching document. The Hits class depends on this.
One can suppress later 'hits' by using a BitVector.

When your scorer implements skipTo it would normally have
to return the documents in document number order.

In the development version all scorers implement skipTo.

Paul Elschot

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message