lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Pl├╝mpe" <thoman...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: searches and updates concurrency problem
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 10:42:46 GMT
Thanks Stefano,

well done. It's not for sure that the concurrently running
updates and searches do corrupt the index (a full update that
removes the files and rebuilds them can obviously do so), but
I'm sure they'll get the point and will tell us how things like
that are handled.

Best,
Thomas

> --- Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht ---
> Von: Stefano Buliani <stefano.buliani@fastwebnet.it>
> An: java-user@lucene.apache.org
> Betreff: searches and updates concurrency problem
> Datum: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 10:11:15 +0100
>
> Hi everyone,
> I'm a newbie of Lucene, just installed it.
> My problem is that the index update procedure and the searches could run
> simultaneously, and, if they do, they corrupt the index file.
> Is there a way to let Lucene handle this concurrency automatically (like
> stop the searches till the update is finished)?
> Thanks,
> 	Stefano

Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail gratis + 3 Ausgaben stern gratis
++ Jetzt anmelden & testen ++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail ++