lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aigner, Thomas" <TAig...@WescoDist.com>
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:18:37 GMT
Hello all,

	I am VERY new to Lucene and we are trying out Lucene to see if
it will accomplish the vast majority of our search functions.

	I have a question about a good way to index some of our product
description codes.  We have description codes like 21-MA-GAB and other
punctuation.  Our users need to be able to search for "21 MA GAB" or
"21-MA_GAB" or "21MAGAB".  Is the best way to accomplish this by
creating synonyms for the 3 different ways when punctuation is in parts
to search for? I know I can stop punctuation in the index but what about
grouping the information together or with spaces?

Thanks all in advance,
Tom