lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Barbara Krausz <bkra...@web.de>
Subject Re: Determining the IDF while searching for documents
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:47:03 GMT

java-user@lucene.apache.org schrieb am 14.06.05 08:49:11:

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question, but...

: order to compute the TF I count the occurences of terms which are
: similar to the term. But I've got problems to compute the IDF, because I
: must know the number of documents in which the term appears before
: searching for the documents (in the method sumOfSquaredWeights() in my

...to get the number of docs that contain a specific term, you can use
IndexReader.docFreq(Term)

That's not possible, because my indexelements are trigrams, so with IndexReader.docFreq(trigram)
I get the number of docs which contain this trigram, but I need the number of docs that contain
a whole term.

Barbara