lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From tare...@controldocs.com
Subject Anomaly in defining search phrase
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:59:21 GMT
I found a discrepancy in results for an identical search ("processing")
done with lucene and mysql. Seems like lucene is not returning results
where the search word is associated with "-"(hyphen) or '."(period). For
example it didn't returned result for a text that contained
"processing-7-bit" and "straighforwerd.processing" but mysql did. Is there
any settings issue or it is something unavoidable?

Thanks
Tareque
ControlDOCS

PS: In contrast to that, I previously found lucene returning some other
results those mysql didn't. For example search phrase associated with "'"
(apostrophe)  and "_"(underscore). I am not complaining about this. Rather
I found it preferable for my purpose.