lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Urs Eichmann <urs.eichm...@prismanet.ch>
Subject Weird Problem with Lucene
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:39:26 GMT
My index consists of about 26 fields. I have a very wierd problem: On
certain fields, I cannot search - i.e. the search always returns 0
documents. I used Luke's Lucene Index Toolbox, and the behaviour there is
weird as well:

I do the following in Luke's Program:

a) go to the Documents Tab
b) Enter term field-name: unit and value="DOSE", hit "Show all docs"
c) A list of 5 documents is displayed, which is ok. The query is unit:DOSE.
The parsed query is unit:DOSE and the rewritten query is unit:dose
d) Then I just hit the "Search" button without changing the query
e) now the result list is empty. The only difference I can see is that the
parsed query is unit:dose now instead of unit:DOSE.

Does anyone have an explanation for this behaviour? The problem is, the same
behaviour is in my program, e.g. if I look for "unit:DOSE", I will get no
documents returned. However, on many of the other 26 fields, it runs OK, and
I can't see any difference in the field definitions.

I had this problem in 1.4.3, changed now to 1.9 RC1, but the problem is
still the same.

Many thanks for any help!
Urs