lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "M. Mokotov" ...@mokotov.org>
Subject OR query on multiple fields causes low coord
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 11:14:50 GMT
Hi,

I have a question with regards to an OR query on multiple fields.

It seems that the more fields I'm splitting the documents into, the lower
the coord is getting.
As a result when I want to query the string S on many fields (a query like
F1:(S) F2:(S) ... Fn:(S) ) I'm getting close-to-zero coords, which causes a
poor matching score.
I assume (and forgive me for assuming) that the reason is when calling
coord( overlap, maxOverlap ), maxOverlap=|S|*n (where n is the number of
fields on the query)

Is there any way to avoid that?
Can I have the coord computed per field?

Thanks a lot for the help!