lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Grant Ingersoll" <GSIng...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: Adding to the termFreqVector
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 18:54:13 GMT
Is your intent to persist the changed vector somehow or just use it in
your application for the immediate search?

TermFreqVector is an interface, so if you aren't persisting, I would
write a wrapper class around the one that is returned by Lucene that has
add/set methods on it for manipulating the underlying vector and pass
that around in your application.  Other option, is to get the source and
modify the TermFreqVector for your needs.

Persistance is a bit harder, but would probably involve manipulating
the document and then re-indexing it so that it's new vector has the
updated frequencies by adding some dummy terms onto the document.

Is that what you are looking for?

>>> ryan@skow.org 5/30/2005 12:37:54 PM >>>

How would one go about adding additional terms to a field which is not

stored literally, but instead has a termFreqVector?  For example:

If DocumentA was indexed originally with:
    myTermField: red green blue

termFreqVector would look like:
   freq {myTermField: red/1, green/1, blue/1}

Now, I'd like to add some more terms (red, yellow) and desire the
termFreqVector to look like this:
   freq {myTermField: red/2, green/1, blue/1, yellow/1}

It would seem like there would be a covenant way of accomplishing this,

but I must be missing something.