lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: Stemming at Query time
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 07:55:53 GMT
You'd only need position-increment if using phrase-query...
otherwise... positions are quite much ignored and you can expand the
query with an or.
Eg, I'd do expand the query for breath to:

Term(breath)^2 or (Term(breathes) or Term(breathe) or Term(breathing))

I am not sure you can make a phrase-query with possible synonyms for
phrase-constituents, you'd need to OR the queries with each set of
possible variations (that grows quick! but do you know many people that
put large phrase queries?)

paul