lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get values that produced hits
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 02:13:25 GMT
a) if you don't care about scoring, split up the boolean query into
term queries and do them individually.

b) do term queries after the fact (or use a termdoc enumerator for a
faster check).

-Yonik

On 5/10/05, Steve Rajavuori <SteveR@opin.com> wrote:
> I have some cases where a user submits a Boolean query that could have many terms --
e.g. "A=1 OR B=2 OR C=3", etc. When I retrieve the hits I want to be able to retrieve the
value the produced the hit. In other words, I want to know if it was "A=1" that produced this
hit, or was it "B=2". How can I get this information for my Hits?