lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sujatha Das <gs...@cse.iitb.ac.in>
Subject Re: proximity search in lucene (fwd)
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 10:08:19 GMT

Hi,
Sorry abt the extremely delayed response.
Consider a situation in which i have indexed the terms under two different
fields (say FIELD_TEXT and FIELD_SYNONYM).
What if I wanted to support queries like
"jaguar NEAR london", when i have indexed a document with
"panthers in zoos around London". So given that Lucene doesn't support
cross-field proximity, this can't be done easily?

Thanks much.
Sujatha Das