lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sujatha Das <gs...@cse.iitb.ac.in>
Subject a few basic questions
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 09:53:26 GMT

Hi,
I couldn't find documentation on these issues,
so a url as response should be just fine.

The inverted index must look like
FIELD-1
term -> (doc,offset)pairs

Is this correct?

Say I am trying to index the documents in a corpus under two
different fields. For instance, I want to store with
every word, the term text and its stem, what does the inverted index look
like now?

FIELD1	  FIELD2
term_text [term_stem] -> (doc,offset)pairs

Or somehow a mapping between term_text and term_stem is stored
separately is it w/o changing much in the inverted index?

This is probably a very basic question, but any explanation would be
of much use to me. Thanks.

Sujatha Das