lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject RE: Indexing multiple keywords in one field?
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 00:39:02 GMT

: So, it works now.  This might be somewhat presumptuous of me, but it might
: be useful for Lucene to include a DelimitedTextAnalyzer and Tokenizer.  The
: constructor for them might accept an array of characters which could be used
: as delimiters between terms which should be indexed into a particular field.
: I've all but written this, if anyone's interested.

in general, if you've got data in an easily delimited format, it probably
makes more sense to parse the data youreslf (as you said, you already had
an array of URLs) and skip analysis altogether -- just add the individual
items as Field.Keywords (or otherwise un-tokenized Fields)

analysis is primarily usefull when you need to find terms in free text.
if your data is already structured, take advantage of the structure.

-Hoss