lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject RE: Strange results using QueryParser (?)
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 21:25:33 GMT

in your query parser, you'll need to use an Analyzer that knows that
"documenttype" should not be tokenized, and the raw user string entered by
the user should be treated as the query Term value.

you can make you own analyzer that subclass StandardAnalyzer and only does
the special behavior for that specific field very easily.  if you have
complex rules that require very differnet analyzers for lots of differnet
fields, you'll probably want to look at PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper.