lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Maher Martin" <MMa...@Webasto.de>
Subject RE: Searching an NTFS File Server
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 15:55:18 GMT
Thanks Mark for the tip. I've tried out JCIFS and it's just what the
doctor ordered. I've used NTLM SSO to authenticate the User against the
NTFS file server and then I can filter out the search results returned
based on the user's access rights.

I've completed the authentication and authorization components and now I
have to concentrate on the Lucene side of things (indexing & searching).
I should have a better idea of the performance impact after completing
these.

If anyone is interested in my solution I'd be glad to share it with the
list once it's complete.

>From: mark harwood <markharw00d@yahoo.co.uk>
>Subject: Re: Searching an NTFS File Server
>Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:56:22 GMT

>I have used JCIFS before (http://jcifs.samba.org/) to handle
single-sign-on >of Windows clients to my web apps and it works very
well. There is a whole >bunch of file-access stuff in this package too
which could possibly help >with identifying who can see what.