lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yagnesh Shah" <ys...@hwwilson.com>
Subject alpha numeric searching or highlighting problem.
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 21:43:40 GMT
Hi folks,
	I am playing with HighlighIt.java of "Luceneinaction" code. I have modified the text string
so that "45 BC" will now "45BC" and another "45 BC" to "Z3950". I have also modified this
line and my output file do not creates and highlighting.

Works:
    TermQuery query = new TermQuery(new Term("f", "ipsum"));
    TermQuery query = new TermQuery(new Term("f", "2000"));

Do not work:

    TermQuery query = new TermQuery(new Term("f", "45BC"));
    TermQuery query = new TermQuery(new Term("f", "Z3950"));

Modified text string from:

  private static final String text =
      "Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is" +
      " not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of" +
      " classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over" +
      " 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor" +
      " at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one" +
      " of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from" +
      " a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites" +
      " of the word in classical literature, discovered the" +
      " undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections" +
      " 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of \"de Finibus Bonorum et" +
      " Malorum\" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero," +
      " written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the" +
      " theory of ethics, very popular during the" +
      " Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, \"Lorem" +
      " ipsum dolor sit amet..\", comes from a line in" +
      " section 1.10.32.";

  private static final String text =
      "Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is" +
      " not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of" +
      " classical Latin literature from 45BC, making it over" +
      " 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor" +
      " at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one" +
      " of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from" +
      " a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites" +
      " of the word in classical literature, discovered the" +
      " undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections" +
      " 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of \"de Finibus Bonorum et" +
      " Malorum\" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero," +
      " written in Z3950. This book is a treatise on the" +
      " theory of ethics, very popular during the" +
      " Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, \"Lorem" +
      " ipsum dolor sit amet..\", comes from a line in" +
      " section 1.10.32.";

Yagnesh N. Shah
Senior Technology Engineer
CS Dept., 4th Floor