lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Möckl Susanne <Susanne.Moe...@cursor.de>
Subject Problem with query and wildcard
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 07:55:24 GMT
Hi,

I´m using lucene for 2 month and now I have a big problem.

In my index are (for example) 4 documents which contains the word simone.

The problem is that lucene does not find all documents by some inputs.

To explain here some examples and what they return:

            input: simone    returns: 4 hits

            input: simon      returns: 4 hits

            input: simo        returns: 4 hits

            input: sim         returns: 0 hits

            input: sim*        returns: 4 hits

            input: simo*      returns: 4 hits

            input: simon*     returns: 0 hits

            input: simon?    returns: 0 hits

The returns are not correct. Why does lucene find all results when writing simo without wildcard
but no result when writing simon with wildcard.

What is lucene doing with the input? (I´m using GermanAnalyzer)

Have I made something wrong or is this a problem from lucene?

Thanks for any kind of help!

Susanne

P.S.: sorry for my bad english