lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Conrad <ccon...@vasoftware.com>
Subject Re: SourceForge.net Lucene based search announcement
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 17:23:08 GMT
Hello,

The "results by YAHOO! search" is a marketing thing that we have no
real control over.  I promise that the actual project search engine
is using Lucene.

As for defaulting to OR, it was decided that the new search should
function as similarly as possible to the old search system by
default.  The new search engine, however, will happily handle boolean
queries in the search box, so feel free to search for "lucene and
java".  We're working on a comprehensive search guide which will
explain the features in more details but some of the new things you
can do include phrase searches and prefix searches.

And I have to admit, we haven't stomped out all of the bugs yet.  If
you do find something that seems genuinely broken, please submit a
support request.

--Chris Conrad
SourceForge.net Engineer