lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Max Pfingsthorn" <>
Subject RE: Confused about non-tokenized fields
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 16:05:43 GMT

Thanks for the reply. I figured already that fields are actually not tokenized... I lost track
of the filenames/dirnames and there were some duplicates...

About case-insensitivity: Okay, I can make my query lower case, but my strings in the field
are not... I guess I have to do that manually during indexing? Or is there some nicer way?

Max Pfingsthorn

-----Original Message-----
From: Gusenbauer Stefan []
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 18:00
Subject: Re: Confused about non-tokenized fields

Max Pfingsthorn wrote:

>In my application, I index some strings (like filenames) untokenized, meaning via
>doc.add(new Field(FIELD,VALUE,false,true,false));
>When I later take a look at it with Luke, I still get tokens of the filenames (like "news"
instead of "news-item.xml") in the list of most frequent terms. Shouldn't I get only the complete
filenames there??
>Also, how do I search case-insensitive over this kind of field?
>Best regards,
>Max Pfingsthorn
>Oosteinde 11
>1017WT Amsterdam
>The Netherlands
>Tel  +31 (0)20 5224466
> /
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:
For indexing untokenized fields try the static method
Field.Keyword(String fieldname,String value) then the string is really
not tokenized. But i think new Field with your params should make the
same. Have you tried to make a search for the filename this should only
return a result when you write out the whole filename.

Case insensitive search is standard when you use the standardanalyzer i
the code should look like this"the query string","the fieldname",new

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: