lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From kimchy.comp...@mac.com
Subject Compass 0.4 Released
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 11:51:28 GMT
Hi,

"
    We are please to announce the initial release of Compass, a new
concept in semantic Search Engine/Object Mapping (OSEM) technology.
    Compass is a Java framework, built on top of the Lucene Search
Engine, making it simple to map your Java object model into a Search
Engine. Providing a powerful new tool for application development.
     Compass introduces declaritive mapping technology OSEM (similar
to O/R database mapping), transaction management, Google like query
syntax (based on lucene), externalise common meta-data and much much
more.
"

    You are the first to know, and I would really appreciate your
comments about the project and possible enhancements. We can continue
the thread here, but I would be happy if comments and enhancements
would be recorded on the project (compass) mailing lists.

The project site: http://compass.sourceforge.net

   Cheers

Shay Banon