lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rifflard Mickaël <Mickael.Riffl...@atosorigin.com>
Subject RE: Real time indexing with RAMDirectory
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 06:34:05 GMT
Hi Otis,

My question was too much short cut.

Here is a sample :

import java.io.IOException;

public class MySample {
		try {
			RAMDirectory ramd = new RAMDirectory();
			IndexWriter iw = new IndexWriter(ramd,new StandardAnalyzer(),true);
			iw.minMergeDocs = 1;
			iw.addDocument(new org.apache.lucene.document.Document());

			IndexReader ir = IndexReader.open(ramd);
			System.out.println("Docs number : " + ir.numDocs());
			ir.close();
			iw.close();
		}
		catch (IOException ioe) { ioe.printStackTrace(); }
	}
}

If I execute this sample, the result is :

Docs number : 0

If a call close() method or optimize() method after added my document, the result is :

Docs number : 1

So, my question is : How to get the second result without close() or optimize() index
(expensive methods I think) ?

Thanks,

	Mickaël