lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Omar Didi" <od...@Cyveillance.com>
Subject RE: problem while merging two indexes
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 22:49:19 GMT
Thanks otis,

I copied the index and I am playing around with the copy. I first had to change the code to
force the unlock of the directory. and from what you just said all the new segments that are
in my directory the index doesn't know about them so deleting them shouldn't hurt.

-----Original Message-----
From: Otis Gospodnetic [mailto:otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 6:45 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: problem while merging two indexes

You should be able to re-try the merge (from the beginning - there is
no way to restart it at any point other than the beginning).  The merge
and the new index is "finalized" at the very end of the merge, so if it
failed before that, your Lucene index (the segments file) still doesn't
know about the newly created segments that you see in you index
directory.

My suggestion: copy your indices, play with copies and see what
happens.

Otis