lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Omar Didi" <od...@Cyveillance.com>
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 22:09:21 GMT
Hi guys,

I am writing an indexing applications that writes to 4 different indexes. the way it work
is the following: I write to one index every 10000 documents and then close that index and
call optimize() as well, at the same time I write to the second index and close it after 10000
docs and so on.

my concern is the following, what happens if it's time to write to an index while it is still
running optimize()? am I able to write to this index, which I don t think I am because of
the locking. I think I should just wait till optimize is done but I am just waiting time.

my second question is shall I just close each index without calling optimize() and just set
a higher mergeFactor to index fast, and optimize in the end?.

any ideas are very welcome and appreciated.

thanks a lot,

omar.