lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Fred Toth <ft...@synernet.com>
Subject Using Highlighter to highlight entire HTML documents?
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 19:47:15 GMT
Hi,

We have a need to present HTML documents with all search
terms highlighted. Everything I've seen regarding the Highlighter
code seems to point to the typical case of extracting relevant
fragments from the text for presentation of hit lists.

Is it possible to use the core highlighting code to process an
entire document? Instead of extracting fragments, we would want
the entire document back. Has anyone done this?

Or is this the wrong approach? Even if the Highlighter is not an
exact fit for this, it seems that the term positions could still be
useful?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred Toth